Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Brave Young Woman

I read an article this morning about a young lady who is fighting two types of cancer.  I didn't understand how bad her situation was until watching the following video.


For me personally, it brought back some pretty emotional memories from my mother's battle with Leukemia.  My mother had the option to try a bone marrow transplant early on in her diagnoses, and she chose not too.  Bone marrow's are painful, hard to recover from, and have a high fatality rate.  Even if the operation goes well, many complications can arise afterwards.

But what this video inspired me to think is that we need to fortify the fight against cancer in general.  Donate to foundations like The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or Sloan Kettering's Leukemia and Lymphoma research.  Any donation today could help someone with their fight tomorrow.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home