Monday, February 20, 2012

"Type the letters in the box....."

so this morning I was looking for a chicken recipe to post to the blog. I found the one I was looking for on food.com, shortly before running into a familiar problem.

I was directed to sign up for an account on ffood.com, and started the process. After going through the normal series of simple questions I ran into my old nemesis; The security Image! I understand the point of those annoying words. Websites don't want robo-spammers posting all over their respective websites. But seriously it is not possible for me. When I get to the security it says "security image," and nothing more. At least most sites now make an attempt to have an audio cue available, even if they are still impossible to understand.

I guess to me it is a cyber insult to a blind person. Just as a person in a wheelchair would feel angry and disrespected upon reaching a restaurant with reservations without wheelchair accessibility. I wonder why more websites aren't accessible to the blind community. I hope my email will make them change their sign up process. To all you web designers out there:: a disgruntled blind man might be attempting to sign up for your site with no solution in sight!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home