Sunday, February 19, 2012

Innerspace a reality 25 years later?

One of my favorite movies of all time is Innerspace. The 1987 film featured Martin Short, Dennis Quaid, and Meg Ryan. The basic premise of the sci-fi/comedy was that a spaceship type vessel could be shrunk and then injected into a human body. From there it could research organs and cells, and help fight diseases such as cancer. or infections
Flash forward to today and I read the following article about nano robots fighting cancer:

http://technorati.com/technology/article/dna-nanorobots-have-successfully-been-used/

More and more I am seeing many science fiction ideas/themes becoming reality. I think curing cancer or HIV is something that will be figured out in my lifetime. I am excited and eager to see the medical advances coming in the next few years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home