Sunday, February 19, 2012

Music at its Best

My whole life I have been an avid music fan. I remember coming down to open Christmas presents and my parents would have Bob Dylan records playing on the stereo.

Of all the music I have ever heard, one of my favorite shows was The Last Waltz. It was a concert that featured The Band, Bob Dylan, Dr. John, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, and of course, the Staples Singers. The whole show was recorded and made into a fantastic documentary by Martin Scorcese.

To me the film represents an assimilation of musical styles and culture. The show features music from genres such as rock, jazz, blues, folk, and traditional. The following link will bring you to a video of the song "The Weight," which is my favorite part of my favorite show ever!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home