Monday, October 15, 2012

Close to my own heart

I have a google news alert for "Stem cells blind."  This means that everyday, I receive a news story that has to do with stem cells and blindness.  It keeps me up to date on new treatments and facilities that are helping to cure blindness.

This morning I received a story about a child, Chloe, who suffers from blindness.  She also suffers from a damaged pituitary gland and hormone problems, conditions that I deal with myself everyday.  I found this story especially touching because her family and friends were able to raise 25,000 pounds so that she could fly to China for a stem cell treatment.  This immediately made me think of the Chowder Cup; an annual fund raiser my friends and family started for me.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am each time. It makes me feel excited, invigorated,, loved, alive,  and most importantly, like I am  home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home