Wednesday, May 16, 2012

HOPE

I have always thought that hope is an important aspect of life.  It gives us inspiration and the possibility of a brighter future.  I carry a lot of hope that I might one day get my vision back.  I have friends that hope for an end to diabetes, cancer, and anziety.  

One situation that I long considered hopeless was being paralyzed.  It must be one of the most difficult situations to be stuck in a world that you cannot interact with  physically.    I even remember one of my friends saying in high school "If I ever become a vegetable, pull the plug on me...... I am serious and I have been extremely vocal about this."

Those words still resonate in my mind.  And although being paralyzed and completely brain dead are much different, they are bothsome of the hardest situations I could ever imagine being in.

But articles like the following one are changing the way I think about any medical condition  I think that with stem cells, robotics, and other technological advancements anything is possible.  I And I hope my friend from high school is changing his views as well.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home